U.S. Military Credit

Oakton awards credit for college-level learning accomplished while in the military.

Service Credit for Health and Physical Education
Any eligible veteran who has completed a minimum of six months of active duty in the Armed Forces may receive credit for Physical Education 101. The veteran must submit a copy of Form DD214 to the Office of Registrar Services for evaluation.

Military Training
Credit for military training may be evaluated by providing a military transcript to Registrar Services. Official military transcripts may be obtained from the Joint Services Transcript (JST). Their transcripts validates training and experience for service members from the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy. Members of the Air Force may obtain their transcript from the Community College of the Air Force.

How to get this credit

  1. Enroll at Oakton
  2. Download, print and complete the Student Application for Prior Learning Assessment Credit through Military Services.
  3. Submit application and copy of Form DD214 to Registrar Services.
  4. You will be notified by Registrar Services when credit is posted.

For more information about credit for prior learning experiences, contact Advising Services at 847.635.1700.

Find out about transferring credit from a U.S. or foreign college or university.